CLICK ON ITEMS TO SHOP / PINCHEN EN LOS PRODUCTOS PARA COMPRAR
Happy Friday, my darlings! I have been looking forward to writing this post because, boy, wasn’t it a shocker to try to dress myself after I had Lennox. Somehow, I thought that I would go back to normal (with a few extra pounds) as soon as he was out. Let’s say, I was a little wrong. I looked 6 months pregnant for the first ten days or so! Today, I wanted to share with you what I learned during that time so you do not have to stress out like I did at times and, get to look stylish right after giving birth. (more…)
CLICK ON ITEM TO SHOP
Happy Wednesday, my darlings! On today’s “Fab Mama Style”, I am going to focus on a topic that came as a surprise to me after I had Lennox: “what do I wear now?”. I feel like we worry about what to wear during the pregnancy and think that right after it we will go back to our pre-pregnancy clothes. Or, at least, that is kind of what happened to me. In reality, I left the hospital super swollen and looking 5 months pregnant; hence, nothing to wear. My maternity clothes were too big and there was not a chance that I was going to fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes. I quickly discovered that a few basics would be necessary to make it through that transition. Here are the products I would definitely recommend to any new mama to have handy post-baby:
- A maxi dress. I literally lived in maxi-dresses for the first ten days post baby. They are super comfy, easy to wear and hide everything that you want to hide for the first few days/weeks.
- Stylish sweatpants. Let’s be honest; I was a hot mess the first couple of days after having Lennox. But, after that, the day comes when you want to start looking like a functional human but the energy to get all dressed up is not quite there yet. This is when stylish sweatpants come into play. Fantastic way to stay comfy and look chic and the same time. Look for a pair with fringe, lace on the sides or any other detail that will make them stand out.
- A basic tunic. This is probably up there with maxi dresses for me. If you find a great tunic, all you need is a pair of leggins and some great sneakers or sandals. Accessorize the look with a hat, great sunglasses and a trendy handbag and you are good to go.
- Booties. Wearing comfy shoes is definitely a necessity right after giving birth, but comfy does not always mean sneakers. Booties are a fantastic way to add a stylish touch to your look without compromising comfort.
- A flowy top. Get this in a basic color so you can use it all the time with different pants and skirts. Choose and off-the-shoulder one to direct attention to your shoulders and not to your still swollen belly.
- Boyfriend jeans. Another great essential to have handy. The oversize cut will help you stay comfy while creating a trendy look. Jeans are always a great idea! Go for a pair of distressed ones for an additional fierce touch.
I hope that you find this list hopeful and thank you for stopping by!
Happy Wednesday, my darlings! Today, I wanted to share a super easy look to recreate for all those wanting to rock a #FabMamaStyle. It has been a bit cooler in Miami, which allows me to wear coats I love and that I really don’t get to wear often.
For an instant sophisticated look that is belly-friendly, find your fave dress, a great pair of boots, and a classic coat. There you go! To really make the look appear chic, add great accessories. My go-to accessory are sunglasses, and these aviators go with just about every look. Another way to add sophistication is wearing a floppy hat. (more…)
Happy Monday, my darlings! I hope that you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday weekend surrounded by lots of love by your favorite people. I also hope that you got a chance to slow down; I sure did, and I really needed it, as my last few weeks of pregnancy are projected to be quite hectic. (more…)
Happy Wednesday, my darlings! Christmas is almost here and we need to start thinking about our NYE’s looks! This year, it is obviously special for me, as it will be my 1st NYE pregnant. I am 8 months now, so I really needed something very comfortable. I was so happy to find this dress from ASOS because it combines glam and comfort in the most perfect way. (more…)
Happy Monday, my darlings! Yesterday was my baby shower, and I am super tired. What I also am is super happy to have had the chance to celebrate the approaching arrival of my baby with so many people that I love and already love him. (more…)
Happy Monday, my darlings! I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. I am starting my 3rd trimester, so mine was spent getting the nursery ready because I am oh-so-behind. In other news, I also wore this little number to a dinner with friends. I so love this dress! (more…)